Tuesday 26 February 2013

The city I'd like to visit

I would like you to get acquainted with one of the most mysterious and beautiful cities in the world. It is San Francisco. This unique city is located on the West Coast of the United States at the north end of the San Francisco peninsular and includes significant stretches of the Pacific Ocean and San Francisco Bay within its boundaries. It's sparkling, that the city if officially name as the City and County of San Francisco and it is the leading financial and cultural center of Norther California. The city also has the largest population density.
I have chosen this gorgeous place mainly because of my childhoos interest for "Charmed", which is an American series about three witches, fighting with demons and dark powers. The city was a filmland for the series and you can find there the Sisters' house (The Charmed Ones). The house is, actually, the most interesting thing for me about this city and I want you to have a closer look at it.
After having a quick look at this magnificent house, I want you to see two more most famous places of San Francisco. The first one on the list is definitely the Golden Gate Bridge. There's something special about this bridge, apart from being the most internationally recognized one, it draw your attention being an architecture marvel.  Many international magazines put in to a list of the most beautiful modern wonders. It is certainly the most photographed bridge in the world. It is thrilling to know that this bridge has been filmed more than 30 times, not including every single time it was shown on news or in series episodes. Surprisingly though, such an angelic place used to be popular with people, who were eager to commit a suicide. That's the main reason why the authority provided the bridge with a special telephone line for such cases. Anyway, it's one of the most eye-drawing object in California. 
The second place I want to tell you about is Chinatown, which is very famous the world over as it is one of the biggest in the United States. It's becomes less popular to develop such things as Chinatowns, but San Francisco's special district amazes. It has over 2000 shop and stalls, so that you can find there almost everything. Whether you want to have some cheap food or have a meal at first-class restaurants - you can find it in this Chinatown. Personally, I suppose it is one of my favourite places in the city because it shows the combination of different cultures - all you need is just stroll along the alley.

As you have already read, the main reason I want to visit this place is the Charmed house, but there's one more thing that attracts me almost equally. The thing is amazing climate throughout the year. I'm not a big fan of winter and all those cold things, so San Francisco is probably the perfect paradise for me. It has hot dry summer, which is OK, and mild winter and autum, which allows people to enjoy relaxing weather whenever they want.

5 comments:

  1. Vlad, some of your paragraphs seem somewhat cluttered with diverse and even irrelevant information. It looks as if there are too many ideas swarming in your mind like bees and you find it difficult to choose which to include and which to omit. Hurry might have been the reason. It could also have been the reason for a big number of slips of the pen. It is necessary to respect your readers and proofread your work before publishing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for pointing out my mistakes. I'll take them seriously when I rewrite/correct the composition. I do have lots of ideas about the better presentation for this city, but because of my terrible habbit to do things quickly I haven't thought about tge structure well enough. I hope the composition I am going to post will be much better.

      Delete
  2. I got a real pleasure while reading your post!!! San Francisco is one of the American cities which I`d like to visit. You know, it`s like a piece of Europe in a large constantly evolving country with its cosy small cafes, narrow streets and unconventional people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vlad, I really like your story! It's quite informative... I found out some new information about this magnificent city.
    Frankly speaking, I'm mad about "Charmed" and I want to see this famous house with my own eyes!
    So I think it's really worth going!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vlad, I find the composition to be better constructed and less crammed with excessive information now. But you have overlooked a number of "in-a-hurry" mistakes again! ))

    ReplyDelete