Sunday 10 March 2013

The Case For The Defence

…The police couldn’t agree with such ending of the story. They decided to investigate Northwood Street again and especially the laurel bushes. And as it turned out this repeated survey was not in vain. The police found a bracelet there. The bracelet apparently wasn’t there for a long time because it was well preserved. So the police thought that it could be a clue to this crime. However they hadn’t any assumptions.
Next day the police arrested both of brothers and put them together in a prison cell to eavesdrop on their conversations. And one night they have heard the following.
‘I feel that something bad will happen.’
‘What do you mean?’
‘I have lost my bracelet. And what is the most offensive I can’t recall when it has happened.’
‘Do you want to say that you have lost it in the bushes in Northwood Street?’
‘I don’t know, but I think the police guess about something.’
‘Don’t say nonsense. They haven’t got any evidences.’
‘Hmm. I hope…’
So the brothers’ game was up. One of them waited for a capital punishment and the other for a large prison term for complicity.





4 comments:

  1. This is surely the second best ending! Vika has a nice logic. Moreover, it was quite interesting for me how everything turned out. I guess if Vika was an investigator, she would probably take to prison all of the criminals and prove their guilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vika, I really like your story. It is quite interesting and well-considered. I absolutely agree with Vlad that you have a good logic!
    Also, I like that you used a lot of vocabulary from our home reading.
    Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't the brothers suspect that the police could be eavesdropping on them?

    ReplyDelete