Sunday 10 March 2013

The place I've always wanted to visit!

Millions of people all over the world spend their holidays travelling. People travel to see other countries and continents, modern cities and the ruins of ancient towns, they travel to enjoy picturesque places or just for a change of scene.
My dad once managed to visit the most magnificent place in the world - Norway. He said the main treasure of this country - its nature. Thousands of secluded coves and picturesque fjords surround its coast, and the low mountains covered with forests and meadows, create a unique atmosphere of Norway. Thousands of clear lakes and rivers provide a unique opportunity to enjoy fishing and different kinds of water sports. Moreover carefully guarded nature allows to get acquainted with one of the most untouched parts of Europe. After such review this beautiful corner of the earth have flooded my mind. I have read a lot of articles and have watched a lot of different videos and photos.

Now I want to tell some words about one of places in Norway that I would visit first. It is Trolltunga -  one of the most spectacular scenic cliffs in this country and it looks like a giant tongue. As far as I know a lot of attention is paid to troll In the Scandinavian mythology. These mythical creatures have an important place in the culture and history of this country. Trolltunga is a stone ledge which by its shape resembles a sharp tongue. Long time ago this stone creature deviated from the base of the cliff and still stood at a height of 800 meters above the lake. Although Trolltunga is one of the most dangerous attractions of Norway it annually attracts thousands of tourists who risked their lives try to come as close as possible to the edge of the cliff to capture the best pictures. 


I have read that is not so easy to get to this great place. For this travelers will take about 8 hours in total. Certainly it's worth it! The view is breathtaking.  I am convinced it is only here, standing high above the sea level, you feel freedom and a sense of flight. There is a desire to be a bird to be able to hover over these expanses of mountains and feel the coolness of the cleanest lakes ...

I am really looking forward to enjoy a fantastic view and the spectacular natural surroundings in their full glory. 



2 comments:

  1. The view is absolutely majestic! However, I would never risk doing anything similar to what the people in the photos are doing.
    Lena, it's a really nice essay! It makes for informative reading with quite a touch of emotion and personality.

    We use the gerund, not the infinitive, after "to look forward to": "I'm looking forward to enjoying ..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the views are unbeliaveabe!!! And, I think, I`d also never adventure to do such things at the edge of the cliff!
    The nature is really overwhelming there! I admire the way people in Norway care about nature, we have much to learn at them.

    ReplyDelete