Monday 19 November 2012

How I Really Spend My Time

Everybody has ever thought about the way they spend their time and how they could spend it better. The results of the recent researches amazed me and I decided to count out the approximate amount of time-wasting activity I do daily. I was shocked.
As a student of one of the most demanding department of the Tavrida National University, studying takes the vast majority of my time. Firstly, I spend at least five hours attentions lectures; secondly, I come home and do homework for the next day. It isn't easy, but I try to cope with the amount of new information I get every single day.
I'm broad-minded person, so that I have loads of interests and hobbies. Getting to know new information is the most important thing in my life - moreover, it's the age of globalization, so you need to know more than ever before - that's why I keep reading books, no matter how little time I have. I am also into cross-stitching a lot, but nowadays, I haven't got a couple of spare minutes to make a single cross. One of my biggest hobby is singing. I'm a big fan of Lara Fabian and Mariah Carey, so I have a classic music taste, and I put myself a target to be close to the vocals they produce. I'm not a splendid singer, but I can sing and enjoy it at least. Singing takes me much time.
I spend about 2 hours a day communicating with my friends and relatives. I prefer to hang out on fresh air, but at the moment I spend outside less time than I used to. That's why I have to manage with taking to the remote friends via "Skype" or else.
Enlisted above facts are important daily activities and they take me about 17 hours including sleep. The rest 7 hours are taken by the so-called time-wasters. For instant, the most common time-waster in the city is public transport. You spend roughly an hour en route to the university and back home. Personally, the incapacity to allocate time efficiently and occupying the blanks of time with unimportant activities such as preparing one more cup of tea, sitting and doing nothing and so on...
Notwithstanding, I absolutely enjoy the way I spend my time, so I would change nothing, because this defines my personality and I like it.

2 comments:

  1. Cross-stitching? Are you kidding?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not! I'm a very peculiar person. Even though, I'm not a huge master of cross-stitch, I really like it. Sometimes, it really helps to get calm and forget about problems for a while ) That's strange, but I do cross-stitch at times.

      Delete