Sunday 4 November 2012

My Best Friend

Friendship is very important for me. I'm happy because I have a faithful friend. Her name is Kseniya. 

We met 4 years ago at the birthday party of our mutual friend. It turned out we had a lot of common interests. And now I want to tell you what she looks like. 
Kseniya is pretty in her own way. She is slender and not very tall, with shoulder-lenght, straight and blond hair. She has very beautiful green eyes with thick eyelashes. My friend has a straight nose that makes her more pretter. Her smile is sincere and charming. 

As for her character. She is clever, purposeful and hard-working at the same time. So, she trys do everything in the best way. Kseniya always achives her goals. Also my friend is very kind and helpful. She always supports and helps me in difficult situations. Kseniya  is very responsible and reliable too. She never lets me down. My friend is easy-going and everybody communicates with Kseniya with pleasure. Of course, she has a negative qualities. Kseniya can be too impulsive and excitable at times. Also my friend like to criticize and sometimes her criticism hurt feelings of others. 

As for her interests. My friend is fond of reading books and she has a lot of them at home. She is also loves to write different stories; by the way, when Kseniya was a child, she wanted to be a writer and now she dreams to be a journalist. I think that it's suited profession for her. Her interests also include: travelling, museums, art, cooking and music. Kseniya knows a lot of interesting facts about music, famous people and history. She certainly is  hard-working person, but to tell the truth sometimes she goes out to party or disco and return home very late at night - or rather, early in the morning. As you see Kseniya is different in her behave.
So, I think we are good friends, because we can rely on each other, cheer each other up, keep each other's secrets. I hope that our friendship will last for very, very long time. 

1 comment:

  1. Generally, it is a good job, Lena, but there are some mistakes I would like to draw your attention to.
    "that makes her prettier" - two syllables with -y in the end.
    There should be a comma, not a full stop, after "as for her character", "as for her interests".
    "She tries to do everything..." - there is a vowel in front of the final -y, so we change -y into -i and add -es.
    "She has some negative qualities" - you can't use the indefinite article with plural nouns.
    "Also, my friend likes to criticize, and her criticism hurts ...", "she returns home..." - we add -s to verbs in the third person singular Present Simple.
    "She also loves to write..."
    "I think it is a suitable profession for her".
    "She is a hard-working person".
    "... different in her behaviour".
    The fourth paragraph was supposed to deal with hobbies, interests and the way the persons spends her time, but you return to describing her character and behaviour.

    ReplyDelete